Bitter and sweet at the same time
Almond trees are among the first nut-bearing trees in the world. Botanically speaking, they are related to apricot trees. They originated in Greece and are often mentioned in the Old Testament, in which their branches are a symbol of purity. In Italy, almonds are a guarantee of a happy marriage. Five almonds held in the palms of the bride and groom symbolize health, happiness, fertility, wealth and a long life.
A handful of almonds is a healthy snack full of proteins and nutrients. They have a miraculous effect on health. Almonds are ideal especially for pregnant women, because they contain a lot of the minerals needed for foetal development and they also support the production of breast milk. They should be a part of every healthy person’s diet.
- Regular consumption of almonds strengthens the nerves, tones the muscles and helps in overcoming stress, depression and fatigue.
- They have a positive effect on cholesterol levels and the heart.
- They contain a high percentage of protein, they have anti-inflammatory, anti-viral and antioxidant properties, and they help in healing processes.
- They regulate blood pressure, and thanks to their high fibre content, they promote healthy digestion and bowel function.
- They strengthen the body’s immune system and improve acne.
Vitamins and minerals: Almonds contain mainly the vitamins B1, B3, B6, E and folic acid. The minerals they contain are magnesium, zinc, manganese, calcium, iron, copper and selenium. They also contain the important omega 3 and 6.
Country of origin: Spain