Tree of life
The icon of the African savanna known as the “Tree of Life” is popular for its interesting shape and long life. It produces extraordinary fruits with remarkable effects. The flesh of the baobab fruit has a colour ranging from white to yellowish, it has a citrusy flavour and it contains a range of substances that are beneficial to health.
The baobab fruit is classified among the so-called superfoods, a term that has come into use to designate a group of foods that have a high content of bioactive substances that are beneficial to health.
The baobab in Rawito products is full of sun – we use exclusively baobab dried in the sun right at the harvest site. In this way, the most energy and nutrients are preserved.
- Baobab contains a large amount of fibre (60 %), which acts as a cleanser for our intestines.
- It supports the immune system, the proper function of the nervous system, and it acts as an antioxidant.
- It is excellent for regeneration, and it helps against fatigue and viruses.
- It improves the digestion of starch and increases the feeling of satiation. The high calcium content in baobab makes it effective in maintaining the body’s strength and bone density.
- It helps to maintain the pH balance in the blood!
Vitamins and minerals: Baobab has a high content of calcium, potassium, thiamine and vitamin B6. It contains important sources of amino acids – lysine and isoleucine.
It also contains the vitamins A, B and C. Besides the vitamins, minerals such as phosphorus, iron, potassium, magnesium, zinc and calcium are very well represented as well.
Country of origin: Africa