A fragrance like no other
Ceylon cinnamon is the highest-quality cinnamon variety on Earth. It is an expensive commodity that is grown exclusively in Sri Lanka, which is the reason why most producers substitute it with cheaper varieties.
It has a delicate, sweet, and balanced flavour and a fantastic aroma.
The Ceylon cinnamon tree is an evergreen tree that originated in Sri Lanka. The actual cinnamon we use in the kitchen is actually the dried bark of the tree wrapped into coils. Cinnamon tree plantations are also located in Java, India and Seychelles, which is where we buy the cinnamon for our ice cream production.
- Even just the fragrance of cinnamon increases your brain activity.
- Memory and focus during work improve when consuming cinnamon and perceiving its fragrance.
- It also has a preventive effect against Alzheimer’s disease.
- It is effective in fighting a wide range of viruses, bacteria and fungi. Cinnamon bark is a natural antibiotic.
- It has the ability to regular sugar levels in the blood.
- It accelerates the digestive process.
- It reduces glucose levels in the blood by up to 30 %. It can increase insulin sensitivity in the proper way.
Vitamins and minerals: It is undoubtedly an excellent source of calcium, fibre and various kinds of minerals such as magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper and zinc. Of the most important ones, it contains mainly manganese. The fibre helps eliminate excess salt and pollutants from the body. It also contains sodium, selenium, omega-3 acid, omega-6 acid, the vitamins A, B, C, E, and K, lutein, beta carotene, folic acid and pantothenic acid.
Country of origin: Seychelles